Friday, March 11, 2011

my internship:))

My student teaching experience has been extremely beneficial. It provides me a wonderful experience that will best benefit me into my future teaching career. In almost three months of our student teaching, I learned more about the field of education than I ever thought possible. Many of the educational practices and theories introduced to me as a student were strongly applied when I was teaching. Through the guide of my cooperating teacher I also learned new practices and teaching tips. I really enjoyed working with my cooperating teacher. She allowed me to have great freedom with the classes and encouraged me to try any new lessons or ideas that came to mind. She also offered me tips when appropriate. She was always willing to help me out when I needed. She was easy to get help and easy to be with.
During our internship, I held full responsibility not only in handling my class but also in playing the different roles of a teacher. In other words, I was 100 percent responsible for designing the lessons and creating the study guides, quizzes and tests and managing the classroom at the same time. Interacting with the students was the most rewarding aspect of teaching. I learned that it was very important to build a good relationship with them. They were not only our students but a friend or a younger brother and sister as well. Motivation proves to be one of the most important words that I take away from my student teaching experience. Even the smallest words or actions can spark motivation in students, and this is vital.
I also learned the importance of discipline. A teacher must enforce his or her rules and be consistent. The moment that the students feel a certain amount of freedom or power, they will take more and more. I feel that once a teacher loses control of his or her classroom, it is almost impossible to regain. Thus, a teacher must always organized and in control.
One of the greatest challenges that I faced in our internship was the behavior of our students. I was dealing with special learners and I’m glad that I was able to control and manage them. Working with difficult students is one of my strengths. I have been complimented on my patience and ability to work with challenging students. I would really miss my students,
Overall, my student teaching experience provided me with a true experience in the world of teaching profession. I am very excited to have my own classroom. I now have a better feel for the challenges that will come my way. Each day is a new day, and no days in the classroom will be identical, learn from each day and each experience. Teaching is my PASSION. I am fun-loving and really enjoy working with kids. I hope to make a difference in the lives and inspire them to dream big and work hard to reach their goals

1 comment:

  1. Nice same experiences with me (: Goodluck to your dreams hope youre now a Prof. teacher ...God bless

    ReplyDelete