Wednesday, March 9, 2011

--Journal Q To--

March 9, 2010

I was looking for a blogs to follow as one of my requirement in one of my subject when one title of a blog captured my interest. It is The Other Side of the Rainbow. I love a rainbow that is why I was curious what that blog all about is. And when I open it, I’ve read some of her notes that really melt my heart.. I was so amazed on how she comes to the idea of writing those notes. I was also amazed on the pictures that she said she made it.. it was really cute and it was like an extraordinary picture.. I have copied some of her notes that captured my curiosity.. Hope that while your reading this.. You will also have your own realization

I Feel Old Today

I feel old today
My body hurts, my mind is slow
An unknown chill creeps within
and weariness seeps through my bones.
Like an undulating wave the feeling
spreads from head to toe.

I feel old today
Giving my mouth a smile that
my eyes do not reflect,
Speaking words of comfort and
cheer I do not feel,
And trying to hide it all from
A world that goes on it's merry
way as though I don't exist.

Like a hollow eyed child
whose belly is swollen with hunger
and the pain of abandonment,
My soul screams out with the
injustice I cannot change.
No one seems to hear, or
understand, or care,
And I feel so old.

I fear becoming what I see and hear.
My heart has no tears left.
Where once the joy bubbled freely
from a depthless well,
Only the echoes remain, like
huge cracks in sun dried mud....
I feel so very old today.

Most of the people in the world at these times are scared on growing old. But we all know that time will come. All of us will turn old

Smile

What is this thing that causes a smile
Not the one on your face, but the one in your heart?
The one that is warm and so full of life
To kindle this smile is there some kind of art?
I look all around me and see smiles of all kinds
Upturned mouths that say much of what’s on their minds.
The smile that is given as though it’s a chore
And the smile that says “Dear, you could be so much more.”
The vacant eyed one that hurts more than it helps
Or the tight one that seems more like a yell.
The smile with a slap as you’re stabbed in the back
Please tell me what is it that all these smiles lack?
Where is the warmth that comes with good cheer
What is the thing that causes such fear…….
Is it so hard to reach out and give a small part
Of the warmth and the love that you feel in your heart?
Must it always be judged by the praise that you need
Is it all just a matter of personal greed?
Love has a smile that knows no real bounds
It flows outward freely and follows the sounds
Of the life-beat of others, their needs and their cries
And the smile it produces, it reaches your eyes.
This is the smile that I so want to wear,
The one that speaks clearly to the fact that I care
For each inspiration is a gift given back
And really enriches my soul’s hollow lack.
Perhaps if I smile from the heart, and I give
One of these days I may learn how to live.

Laughter is the best medicine, and in my life smiling is the best derma…

I Remember

I remembered you today.
Sitting in the tattered remains of the garden,
I thought I heard your voice in the quiet chirp of
a tiny wren.
Your smile flashed at me from the swirl of the squirrel’s tail
as he sat stretched forward on a tree limb
waiting to raid the bird feeder.
I remembered you today.
Sitting there where flowers bloomed,
and vines danced along the ground.
Today there are only stark branches and the few
lonely remains of leaves clinging up high,
refusing to let go and accept their fate.
I thought I saw your bright dancing eyes as one of those leaves
fell to the birdbath, and the sun sparked
from the edge of a tiny ripple.
Memories are so fragile.
They sometimes fade to gauze, leaving only
the imprint of sadness.
The breeze bustled through the branches,
and I thought I heard your contented sigh.
The world righted, and my tears dried.
I remembered you today………
And I smiled.

After a month, I know that we will go in or own way.. Hope to see you all classmates, walang limutan huh.. I will remember you all.

Talisman

Dream catcher hangs by the cradle
To dance and delight in the breeze
A toy to catch the eye
And bring a tiny smile.

Dream catcher hangs by the young one’s bed
To chase away the gloom
Like a mother’s soft touch
In the night, or a treasured doll
Hugged close against the storm

Dream catcher hangs by the old one’s cot
To remind him of his youth
A time when talismans brought comfort
It seems to only hold dust, yet he knows….

Dream catcher hangs near my heart
Holding my dreams until I am ready
To pluck one and smile at how
It has softened through the years.

He knows because he put it there
Attached with tiny strands of love
Dream catcher on the wall is a symbol
Tattered by wind and dust
But dream catcher within is everlasting….
Spun threads of time gone by
And of love to keep me safe.

Dream catcher hangs near my soul
A gift to remind me of
Small joys and hope………..

I love those notes.. hope to read more of those

Special thanks to: The Quiet Riot you gave me a bright idea…

1 comment: