Friday, March 11, 2011

game is my life")))


When I was young I really love to play. I found enjoyment and happiness through challenging and exciting activities. I am an athlete since elementary, I started when I was grade 5. My game was “track and field or athletics” and that was the start of my career. I played for two years in our school and I was glad whenever we competed with different schools because I met new friends. I also felt happy every time I received awards. There were times that I can’t control my emotions then suddenly I cried. That’s what do we called “tears of joy”. Actually I have a collection of ribbons and medals that I have received through sports. But unfortunately some of these were lost.
I graduated with an award when I was in elementary. I am the athlete of the year that time. I didn’t expected that I am choose for that award because usually boys were the one who received that kind of honor in this field. I was also thankful for having supportive, caring and lovable parents. They supported me on different things that I wanted to do. They also watched my game even the venue was far away. They were really my inspiration and I’m so blessed to have them.

I continued playing when I was high school but not in track and field anymore because I found volleyball more exciting and challenging. I was third year high school when I started joining on Alfonso volleyball team. I also graduated with award, I was one of the athlete of the year.

My college days were also a memorable experience in my life. On my first year in Cavite State University, I would like to join in our University games especially when I saw group of students playing volleyball. But I was ashamed because I didn’t know them and I do not have someone to join with me. I was the only one who’s interested in sports among my classmates.

Year 2009, that was my second year in the University. I saw an announcement on the bulletin board of our College. They were looking for education students who were interested to try out for the volleyball team of College of Education. I didn’t waste the opportunity, I decided to try-out together with my friends in HRM department. They were my classmates in NSTP when I was first year. The try-out begun and my friends were not yet there. So I decided to proceed in CVSU quadrangle. I approached them and I told that I wish to try-out. We played together then I noticed that some of them were good in playing volleyball. Suddenly my friends came and I heard them calling my name “Joyce, Joyce anong ginagawa mo jan?”. They were far from me so I could not understand what they were saying. After the game, I came to them and asked why they were late. They told me that the players that I’m playing with are varsity players. I was shocked, I though that it was for the team of CED. Now I realized why they were so good in playing volleyball because they were varsity players. I continued working and training with them. I was so nervous so that time because of big pressure. The team that I am working with was not just an ordinary team compare in other team that will play on intrams. Days passed by and I received a good news. I’m already part of the team. I was so cheerful, it was an achievement for me. Aside from that I could also play in our University games .I played in our Intramurals together with my team mates in CED and at the same time I played for the varsity team. We were the champion in the University Games 2008-2010.We won a gold medal three times. On the other hand, in the varsity team, there were lots of competitions that we have joined. We compete with different schools like Lyceum of the Philippines, University of Perpetual Help, Brent International School and many more. We have been also in Lucban Quezon , for PASUC IV-A&B OLYMPICS 2009, wherein delegations from different state universities and colleges compete. Year 2010 PASUC IV-A&B OLYMPICS was held in our University and the participants were colleges from CALABARZON only. Last week of January- February of this year we have been in Romblon State University for PASUC IV-A&B OLYMPICS wherein we defended our title. We were four time champion in that Olympics.

My experiences in varsity team were a fruitful one. I learned many things that an individual could not learned in a classroom. I realized the importance of trust to each member of the team, confidence, teamwork, discipline and faith in GOD. I really enjoyed being part of the CVSU volleyball team and being with my team mates. I am attached with them and even they already graduated I missed them and reminisced our experiences. We were together in good times and bad times. There are times that we get mad to each other because of poor performance in the game but instead of making it complicated we used each other as inspiration. We helped each other because we have the same goal here and that is to win. We do our best not for ourselves but for the team because it was a team sport and not an individual sport.

For a player like me each game as a championship game. This was every important for us and I’m glad that all of our efforts, hardships and sacrifices results a good one. Some of my friends also teased me NEGRA, but its okay for me because I’m happy in this filed. I love this sport and I will continue playing even I graduated as long as I can play.


“I WAS BORN TO GAME, I WAS BORN ATHLETE AND GAME IS MY LIFE”

No comments:

Post a Comment