Tuesday, March 15, 2011

the final judgement ...

FINAL DEMONSTRATION TEACHING

This was our finale. This was the most awaited moment in our field study, our final demonstration teaching. Our cooperating teacher gave us our topic four days before our final demonstration. So my co-practice teachers and I were pressured. I didn’t waste time, I immediately made my lesson plan and right after I finished my “detailed lesson plan” , I gave it to my cooperating teacher to checked it then I re-type it and changed all the corrections. My cooperating teacher also gave me some tips and advices in preparing my instructional materials. I was so thankful because my co-practice teacher Joy Timbad , my best friend at the same time offered me to use her laptop. I did lots of drawings and I was grateful because I finally finished all my teaching aids in a day before my final demonstration teaching.
On the day of my final demonstration, I felt so nervous especially when the evaluators came. Our panel composed of seven respected persons, Dr. Alicia M. Rodrin, our student teaching adviser, Dr. Cecilia Lapitan, Prof. Jason Maniacop, Sped instructor, Dr.Imelda Feraer principal of Indang Central Elementary School, Mrs. Ejanda district supervisor, Mrs Veronica Romen and Mrs. Ivy Aves our cooperating teachers.
Teacher Rox was the first one to present followed by Teacher Joy. During Teacher Joy’s presentation my heart beat so fast because I was next to her. After her class, the panel took their break while I was helping Teacher Joy to get all her materials and then setting and preparing mine. At first, I was nervous but I was able to overcome that feeling right after the first part of my presentation. I felt so happy when all of students participated in our action song. I saw that they really enjoyed it. I also felt glad with my student Agatha, she was behaved at that time and she actively participated in different activities. She didn’t roam around that she usually did before. I also saw sparks in her eyes whenever she got a right answer or very good remarks from me. It seemed that her eyes smiled too. The most important thing that made me happy was she didn’t hurt her classmates within the whole period of our class.
On the latter part of my presentation which was tracing letter Ee, Agatha lost her attention or focus. She didn’t want to do the activity. I convinced her and I told her that we would go to Sm. But she refused and said “mamaya”. During our evaluation, I sit in front of her. She was my youngest students and she wanted the focus of her teacher to be on her.
Our class ended and now I could take a deep breath. I was so happy for I had done with my final demonstration. Our panel also congratulated me for a job well done.
That was a great experience I had in my practice teaching. I would never forget that event because I had learned so many things that I could used when I am would had been in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment